Langton Parents Association
Langton Parents’ Association welcomes all parents and carers to Simon Langton Boys’ Grammar School. Langton Parents Association is a registered charity (ref 810298) that exists to support the school by raising extra money to enhance students’ learning and development, and to provide opportunities for parents and carers to meet socially.
Our purpose is to:
1. Encourage good communication and relationships between parents/carers, school and students
2. Support the school in providing an excellent education to all students
3. Assist the school in its fundraising activities
4. Enhance the students’ experience during their time at the school.
The Uniform Shop is managed by a team of PA volunteers, opening on Tuesdays during term time between 12:30 and 2:30 pm. We are currently the exclusive suppliers of the full range of new and second hand uniforms for the whole school, and any profits go directly to the school. Special uniform events are held in the summer for new boys joining in the September term. This year it is 12th June 2019 from 3 pm in the school hall. Please see the uniform page here.
We run and organise activities such as:
- School Uniform shop on the school site
- Quiz nights, wine tastings
- Providing refreshments at school concerts and at drama productions
- Supporting the Star Centre’s monthly public observing events held in conjunction with the South East Kent Astronomical Society – providing hot refreshments
- Providing refreshments at the school’s Induction Day as part of the welcome to all new parents.
Recent school purchases made possible by the Parents’ Association fund-raising include:
- A laser cutter and a brazing hearth for Design Technology,
- Lighting and photographic equipment for the Drama and Art Departments,
- Funding for the student MBP2 research project (multiple sclerosis)
- Binoculars for star gazing
- Significant contribution to the grand piano
- A new cricket roller
Latest News From the PA
Any help in the uniform shop and fundraising ideas are always gratefully received, whether by joining the committee and attending meetings (held over drinks in a nearby pub), offering to help at events, or by donating raffle prizes. We are a friendly bunch of parents with children at different stages in their journey through The Langton. Becoming involved provides a rewarding insight into the achievements and opportunities enjoyed by the students. You are warmly invited to attend any of our meetings and events. See details below of upcoming events:
Future meeting dates
All parents/carers are automatically members of Langton Parents when their son or daughter joins the school. A number of people have generously given their time and energy to the association over the years, but we are always keen to involve as many parents/carers as possible, and to make best use of the skills and resources we undoubtedly have as a parent/carer community to provide the best support to the school.
Chairperson: Ann Gardner
Secretary: Katharine Hughes
Treasurer: Julia Zoettl
Uniform Shop Team Co-ordinator: Helen Brown
School Representative: Darren Watson (Deputy Headteacher)
To Find Out More
If you are interested in finding out more, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fundraising with the Parents’ Association
Many Langton parents are already fundraising for the Parents’ Association every time they shop online. Give As You Live provides a small percentage payment to the Langton Parents’ Association for each online purchase – at no extra cost to the consumer. If you would like to set up this free fundraising mechanism, please visit http://www.everyclick.com/langtonpta for further information.